I am offering free legal consultations to people with real estate and landlord-tenant cases affected by the novel Coranavirus, COVID-19, in both Maryland & The District of Columbia. To accept this offering you can send me a message through my booking app button. I will do the best that I can to help.
Why Am I Offering Free Legal Consultations For People With Cases Affected By Covid-19?
I just feel it’s the right thing to do. There’s not much else to it.
Can You Give Us An Example of A Case That Qualifies?
Yes, these aren’t hypothetical cases, these are real-life examples:
- Breach of Contract – A real estate investor is under contract to purchase a property. Her lender is no longer lending her the funds to purchase the property due to COVID-19. She will be in breach of the contract terms come closing time and at risk of losing her earnest money deposit.
- Landlord-Tenant – A tenant contacted me because her landlord is now allowing her guest to stay over due to the perceived increased risk of catching the Coronavirus.
If you or anyone you know is facing a case similar to the above cases in which they were adversely affected by the Coronavirus, do not hesitate to contact us! The next section is how the Coronavirus has impacted my law practices and consequently my current and future client’s cases.
Are You An Expert on Real Estate Legal Issues Affected By COVID-19
I am not. This is new to me. If you do decide to take me up on this offer my answers to many of your questions maybe I don’t know. I’ve never been a lawyer during a pandemic this is new to me. Nevertheless I’m well versed inreal estate landlord-tenant law and I will be honest about what I know and don’t known when providing guidance.
The Pendergraft Firm Covid-19 Practice Update
Our Court Cases Will Be Delayed Due To The Courts Closing Due to COVID-19
The bulk of our practice is eviction processing and tax lien foreclosure of right of redemption cases. foreclosure cases. Maryland’s Courts are closed to the public and will not be hearing these kinds of cases. The Sheriff’s office has been ordered to not carry out any evictions.
We Are Still Providing Services That Can Be Done Online
We are still helping our current and potential clients with:
- Residential lease drafting & review
- Purchase and sale agreements and review
- Real estate finance agreement drafting & review
- Limited Liability Company Formation for Real Estate Investors
- Settlement & negotiation services & demand letters
- Commercial lease review
- And more!
No More In-Person Law Firm Meetings
Unfortunately, we are no longer meeting with new our current clients in our office. Our practice is in a tall commercial building in Greenbelt and it’s not worth the risk.
Fortunately, we offer phone consultations and video conferencing for those of you that value face to face contact.
Do You or Anyone Have A Legal Issue Where You Were Negatively Impacted By COVID-19?
Do not hesitate to contact us for a free legal consultation. You can do so by sending us a message by using our booking app at the link below.
Latest posts by Brian (see all)
- Eviction Prohibition For Tenants Suffering Loss of Income Due to COVID-19 In Maryland - March 27, 2020
- Rent Court Agent VS Attorneys For Maryland Rent Court | TPF.legal - March 24, 2020
- Baltimore City Notice of Eviction Requirements Explained | TPF - March 23, 2020